- Step motors are able to start and stop, rotate and reverse.
- A rotational angle is proportional to the number of input pulses.
- The rotational speed is proportional to the input pulse rate. (pulse ratio)
- Even in the state of non-exciting, some self-holding torque(Detent torque) is generated because the permanent magnet is used.
- High torque, high response, and lightweight.
- Micro-step drive, high accuracy and less expensive.
- Maintenance-free because there is no mechanical defacement like a brush for a DC motor.